To contact us Click HERE Colman’s Mustard (http://www.colmansusa.com/) is excited to show Americans about ways that they can incorporate traditional and authentic British foods into their Olympic viewing parties.
Colman’s Mustard has been a British culinary staple for nearly 200 years, and even received a royal warrant from the Queen of England in 1866. Colman’s is famous for its bright yellow and red tin, reflective of the fiery heat that makes the mustard so distinct.
While Colman’s Mustard can easily be added to regular American dishes, it is also used as a spicy, innovative ingredient, adding a strong burst of flavor to traditional British fare such as meatloaf, Sheppard’s pie, deviled eggs or bangers and mash.
Try the following Colman’s Meatloaf Recipe as a fitting tribute to the upcoming London Olympics.
Colman’s Classic British Meatloaf
2 lb. ground beef
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 onion finely chopped
2 T. Worcestershire sauce, plus one teaspoon
1 ½ tsp. Colman’s Dry Mustard
½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 cup fine, dry, seasoned bread crumbs
¾ cup beef broth
1 T. olive oil
¼ cup ketchup
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· In a large bowl, combine beef, eggs, onion, 2 T. Worcestershire sauce, Colman’s Dry Mustard, and bread crumbs.
· Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated
· Add beef broth and mix again.
· Oil the inside of the loaf pan and add meat mixture.
· In a small bowl, mix ketchup and 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce. Spread on top of meatloaf.
· Bake for 45-55 minutes.
Colman’s Mustard is available throughout the US in grocery stores and specialty food stores and comes in prepared mustard and mustard powder forms. With a rich British history, Colman’s Mustard makes it easy to be a part of the Olympic excitement in your very own home.